Diploma in Accountancy
This programme is specially designed to train technical competent young accountants of the future with a robust curriculum and relevant industry practice. This pragramme will expose learners to various aspects of accounting skills. It allows learners to embark on a career towards becoming professional accountants, preparing them for further specialization onwards into their selected undergraduate programmes.
What you'll study
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Elementary Business Mathematics
- Basic Store Keeping
- Commercial Knowledge
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Computer Application in Business
- Book-keeping and Accounts
- Office Practice and Records Management
- Elementary Business Finance
- Elements of Costing
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Computer Application
- Store and Stock Control
- Introduction to Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Introduction to Business Management
- Communication Skills and Office Practice
- Introduction to Accounts and Auditing
- Introduction to Finance Principles
- Elements of Economics
- Customer Service
- Practical Training
- Fundamentals Financial of Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing
- Fundamentals of Business Finance
- Principles of Banking Operations
- Principles of Auditing
- Principles of Cost Accounting
- Fundamentals of Management
- Introduction to Business Law
- Principles of Entrepreneurship
Form IV (3 Years Programme)
- Certificate of Secondary Education with 4 Passes in Non- Religious Studies.
Form VI (2 Years Programme)
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Examination with One Principal Pass and One Subsidiary Pass.
- or any other equivalent qualification e.g. ATEC II
What you'll experience
On this diploma course, you will be able to:
- Maintaining financial records.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Preparing tax returns.
- Report on business performance.
- Maintaining accounting systems
Careers and opportunities
Provides one-to-one support in areas such as:
- Accounts assistant
- Tax agent
- Assistant auditor
- Accounts clerk
Registration (IAA) 20,000/=
Examination (IAA) 70,000/=
Application Form (IAA) 10,000/=
Wear and Tear 20,000/=
STUDENT ID 3,000/=
EAC US$ 700
How to Apply
Institute of Accountancy Arusha admission cycles are normally guided by two regulatory authorities which are The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). If you apply to IAA, you will be following provisions as set forth by the mentioned authorities.
Different programmes have different entry requirements. You can visit our programme page to see entry requirement for different programmes or be sure to read thoroughly the TCU admission guide book and the NACTE admission guide book.
We consider each applicant and put enormous care into evaluating every application. We hope you will explore the information in this section to understand what we look for in our admissions process.