Diploma in Finance and Banking
This course focuses on developing understanding of banking and finance environment both locally and globally, which prepares students for a career in finance and banking sectors. It aims to provide sound knowledge to handle the operational aspects in banking and finance. The course will equip students with comprehensive knowledge and skills to enable preparation and analysis of the financial statements of the banks/companies; provide understanding of marketing concepts and activities related to the banking industry; and understand banking sector specific regulatory requirements. This program is mainly targeting secondary school leavers and certificate level holders, who seek either a higher level qualification in order the enhance their employment prospects, or who need a strong foundation qualification in banking and finance for bachelor degree studies.
What you'll study
- Basic Book-Keeping
- Elements of Commerce
- Elements of Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Basic Computer Application in Business
- Basic Communication Skills
- Book-Keeping and Accounts
- Elements of Banking
- Elementary Micro-Finance
- Essentials of Office Practice
- Elements of Business Finance
- Principles of Accounts
- Communication skills and Office Practice
- Introduction to Computer Application
- Introduction to Bank Operations
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Introduction to Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Introductory Micro-Finance
- Introduction to Taxation
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Customer Service
- Industrial Training
- Fundamentals Financial of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Business Finance
- Marketing of financial service
- Presentation Skills
- Principles of Banking Operations
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Banking Law
- Principles of Cost Accounting
- Small Business Management
- Principles of Entrepreneurship
Form IV (3 Years Programme)
- Certificate of Secondary Education with 4 Passes in Non- Religious Studies.
Form VI (2 Years Programme)
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Examination with One Principal Pass and One Subsidiary Pass.
- or any other equivalent qualification e.g. ATEC II
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills in finance to facilitate proper use of financial resources in an organization
- Apply knowledge and skills in banking to provide banking services
- Apply knowledge and skills to process Accounting transactions and prepare basic Financial Information
- Apply basic principles of Economics and customer service knowledge in undertaking business operations in a competitive environment.
- Train in the basics of banking and finance and gain the required proficiency needed to work in the field.
- Develop skills to apply advanced quantitative techniques required in the working of the field that is considered a prerequisite to advance the career in corporate finance, investment banking, and financial markets.
Careers and opportunities
Our graduates will work in roles including:
- Bank Assistant
- Assistant Loan Officer
- Banking officer
- Assistant Financial Analyst
- Assistant Credit Risk Manager
- Data entry operator
Registration (IAA) 20,000/=
Examination (IAA) 70,000/=
Application Form (IAA) 10,000/=
Wear and Tear 20,000/=
STUDENT ID 3,000/=
EAC US$ 700
How to Apply
Institute of Accountancy Arusha admission cycles are normally guided by two regulatory authorities which are The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). If you apply to IAA, you will be following provisions as set forth by the mentioned authorities.
Different programmes have different entry requirements. You can visit our programme page to see entry requirement for different programmes or be sure to read thoroughly the TCU admission guide book and the NACTE admission guide book.
We consider each applicant and put enormous care into evaluating every application. We hope you will explore the information in this section to understand what we look for in our admissions process