Diploma in Economics and Finance
This course is designed for students who aspire to careers in economics and finance, the course can help graduates to join an exciting industry or accelerate current work in these fields. Students on this route are predicted to benefit the financial reasoning, quantitative talents and institutional understanding required to resolve issues arising in finance and economics. This route will offer college students with scientific information of financial processes for improvement and in particular, to apply the information I evaluating economic and finance institutions. Students might be capable of analyzing numerous economic and finance issues and apprehend the bases for economic policy. During the route college students will expand the abilities required for the evaluation of different issues, and apprehend the interlink among information and economics, and increase knowledge on global exchange and trade price rules and associated monetary matters.
What you'll study
- Elementary Microeconomics
- Basic Book keeping and Accounts
- Elements of Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Basic Computer Applications in Business
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Macroeconomics
- Elements of Banking
- Elementary Micro-Finance
- Basics of Development Economics
- Elements of Business Finance
- Principles of Accounting
- Communication Skills and Office Practice
- Introduction to Information and Communication Technology
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Introduction to Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Introduction to Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Introductory Micro-Finance
- Introduction to Taxation
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Industrial Training
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Banking Operations
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Principles of Public Economics
- Fundamentals of Monetary and Financial Economics
- Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management
- Basic Econometrics
- Principles of Cost Accounting
- Fundamentals of Development Economics
- Principles of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Form IV (3 Years Programme)
- Certificate of Secondary Education with 4 Passes in Non- Religious Studies.
Form VI (2 Years Programme)
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Examination with One Principal Pass and One Subsidiary Pass.
- Or any other equivalent qualification e.g. certificate of any recognized institution field of study.
What you'll experience
On this diploma course, you'll be able to:
- Provide information and forecasting to inform decisions within companies and governments.
- This wide influence means studying economics can open up a variety of career options across all sectors of the economy, from agriculture to manufacturing, to banking and consultancy.
- Understanding how consumers behave is vital for a business to succeed. Economists use theories and models to predict behavior and inform business strategies.
- To make a good decision on personal spending.
- To examine the labor markets, prospective private companies, industry tendencies or forces which direct the economy as it is.
- To understand the dynamics of the market. Market dynamics are simply those factors that impact the market. An economist perspective would mean demand and supply, opportunity cost, scarcity, equilibrium just to mention a few. The course will expand your vocabulary and knowledge to understand how the market works even if you would not be working primarily as an economist.
Careers and opportunities
Our graduates will work in roles including:
- Data analyst.
- Financial planner.
- Junior economist.
- Financial risk analyst.
Registration (IAA) 20,000/=
Examination (IAA) 70,000/=
Application Form (IAA) 10,000/=
Wear and Tear 20,000/=
STUDENT ID 3,000/=
EAC US$ 700
How to Apply
Institute of Accountancy Arusha admission cycles are normally guided by two regulatory authorities which are The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). If you apply to IAA, you will be following provisions as set forth by the mentioned authorities.
Different programmes have different entry requirements. You can visit our programme page to see entry requirement for different programmes or be sure to read thoroughly the TCU admission guide book and the NACTE admission guide book.
We consider each applicant and put enormous care into evaluating every application. We hope you will explore the information in this section to understand what we look for in our admissions process